A-Methylstyrene is produced as a by-product of the manufacture of phenol and acetone using isopropyl benzene. It appears as a colourless liquid with a characteristic odor which belongs to the family of phenylpropenes. It is highly incompatible with chemicals such as ionic polymers, aluminium, iron chloride oxidizers, peroxides, copper and halogens. A-Methylstyrene has a chemical formula C9H10 with a molecular weight of 118.18 grams per mol. The compound is denser and insoluble in water having a density of 0.9 grams per millilitre. It is mildly toxic by ingestion, inhalation and skin absorption. Its Vapours may be narcotic by inhalation and cause irritation in respiratory system.
1) Brand : Hwatsi Chemical Pvt. Ltd.
2) Industry : Chemical Processing
3) Grade : Industrial
4) Packaging Type : MS STEEL DRUMS
5) Packaging Size : 200 kg -MS steel Drums
6) Purity : 99 %
7) Assay : 97.00 to 100.00
8) Solubility In Water : water,108.7 mg/L @ 25 DegreeC (est) water,116 mg/L @ 25 DegreeC (exp)
9) Melting Point : -24.00 DegreeC. @ 760.00 mm Hg
10) Cas Number : 98-83-9
11) Molecular Weight : 118.17870000
12) Color : colorless clear liquid
13) Physical State : Liquid